Sunday, August 29, 2010

Why do you go?


Do you go to church on Sundays? Why do you go?

I think everyone has different reasons to go to church. We attend a small church in Murchison. Seth and I with our family are really the only young people who attend every Sunday. I started a Sunday School class for the children that meets during the service. Sometimes it is just me and my boys in there, but on most Sundays there are other children visiting with their grandparents. I tell a story and then we do a craft. And I am starting new curriculum next week that I am really excited about.

But I teach my children about Jesus at home. And I will admit, I feel closer to God during my morning quiet times with Him, then I do in the church we attend on Sundays.
So why go to church at all? I know people who do not go to church, but are better Christians than many of the people I see behind those church doors. But Hebrews 10:23-25 tells us that we should gather together as Christians, to worship and spur each other on to do good deeds.

I practiced Catholicism for a short period of time right after I got out of college. What I really liked about the Catholic church was the reverence. I really felt the presence of God in the Catholic church. But I have also felt God's presence in the Bible churches I have visited, with their powerful worship teams with amazing music.
God is everywhere. He is in my living room every morning at 5:15am, getting me ready to start the day.

So, why do I go to church? To be perfectly honest, I go to be with family. Why do you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment