Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Let's Hear it for the Coaches


Last night, Seth came home and said he didn't feel well. He was in bed by 9 o'clock. He thought he was sick, but I know what it was: exhaustion.

I feel like people really don't appreciate coaches. Everyone shows up for the game Friday night and watches the team, but do you ever watch the coaches? Of course, I do, because that is my cute husband there on the sidelines! Seth may complain about not making enough money and the time coaching takes, but I know he loves it. When I see him interact with those kids and get excited about a good play, I can tell he is having fun.

What is not fun is to hear the crowd boo the players and shout unsolicited "advice" at the coaches. It floors me that people come to a football game and sit there on their behinds, socializing and ignoring the game or are apparently only there to shout negative comments. Why do they even bother coming out? When the team is doing well, do they cheer for them? NOPE....they don't! But if something doesn't go their way, you can bet these people are on their feet looking for someone to blame - and it is usually the coach.

My prayer is that this season is better than the last. I hope that the fans will be on their feet for these kids and show them some support. I hope that when things don't go our way that people think before they yell at a coach or boo at a player. Everyone is doing their best out there. Let's try to treat each other with encouragement and respect.


"Let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet." 1 Thessalonians 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment