Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Boys of Fall



It's already that time of year again. Let's get ready to play some football!!!

I love everything about football. I don't go see those Bears play to socialize! I love watching the game. I love the school spirit, the banners and bumper stickers. I love the pep rallys and the excitement of game days. I love the half-time shows and I love it when our team wins.

The only thing that is not so fun about football season is missing my husband. As a varsity coach for the Brownsboro Bears, Seth started back to work yesterday and we can expect to see very little of him until December when the season ends. Brownsboro coaches work 7 days a week during football season. Seth even will have to miss lunch with the family after church on Sundays to go to work.



But I think it's worth it. I love seeing the positive influence he has on his players and watching him out their coaching on Friday nights. And his little boys love rooting for "Daddy's team, the Bears!" Someday too soon, they will be out on that field!








Welcome football season! Go Bears! (Go Aggies and Go Cowboys, too!)

4 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the concession stand. Some foods just always taste better at ball games! Best wishes to the Bears -- first during these terribly hot days, and also as the games begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the concessions!!! How could I forget about that? That's one of the boys favorite things for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,
    Thank you for becoming a follower of Life as a Coaches Wife. Something I can see you totally relate to! I noticed that your husband coaches for Brownsboro! We used to live in Athens!! We miss it greatly! My husband coached his first year in Malakoff, then went to Commerce. Actually he used to play Brownsboro in highschool, he went to Van HS. Such a small world! Hope you are liking it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a cute picture at the end!!

    ReplyDelete