Friday, August 6, 2010

Mary versus the milkshake


It's always easy to say you are going to eat right when you stomach is full of food. I always thought that when I turned 30, an alarm would go off in my brain, automatically causing me to eat better. Well, my 30th birthday came and went in April and I heard no alarm. Therefore, I still stuff my face with the same food I always have.

The thing is, I know how to eat well, I just refuse to. I know what foods are good for me and what's bad for me. I'm sure you are like, "Well, who doesn't?" Ummmmm...Seth, for example, doesn't. His idea of eating healthy is a salad....with fried chicken strips, cheese, bacon bits and croutons, swimming in ranch dressing. Or he might eat a chicken fried steak, smothered in cream gravy, but have no mashed potatoes and skip the ice cream afterwards. Even more depressing is that when Seth goes on one of his "diets" he loses 10 to 15 pounds!

So, it looks like I am going to have to sound off my own alarm. I have 10 pounds to lose. I am vowing to eat less and eat better and exercise more. No fad diets, no speed diet pills. Just me, making wiser choices about what foods I put in my body. Which is easy to say because I am not hungry yet. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I am with you for sure!! I HATE eating right!! The good stuff is just so much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am just doing a teeny bit better now. I just love my Dr. Peppers!

    ReplyDelete