Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Lord gives us obstacles

"Surround yourself with who you want to be."

Sounds simple enough. I can befriend the type of people who are loving, trustworthy, Godly, caring, positive and fun to be around.. Then I can just have them around me all of the time! Can you imagine how easy and pleasant life would be if you only had to deal with these types of people on a daily basis?

But unfortunately, "the Lord gives us obstacles." And sometimes these obstacles happen to be people. People that you are tied to in one way or another, whether it be at your work or your neighbors or even your own family. You know the type. They are miserable so they want to make others miserable. Some actually seem to find joy in it.

But what should we do when these people try to tear you down?

My mom used to say to pray for these people. My reaction to that advice during my teen years was rather sarcastic. But now, older and wiser I guess...lol...I have found that sending up a prayer when someone is trying their hardest to bring you down is very calming and even empowering. It's out of my hands...it's in His hands. Just let it go....

"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." - Matthew 5:44

No comments:

Post a Comment