Friday, July 9, 2010

But why God?


Why do bad things happen to good people? I actually have a book that was titled this that someone gave me after my mom passed away. She was only 45 years old and suffered for 7 months with cancer before going to be with the Lord. Why?



In Brownsboro, we have had what feels like so many car accidents that have taken the lives of many young people. Why?




A little girl dies suddenly of something rare and unexpected.




A little boy has to worry about leukemia instead of just whether or not his team will win this year.








A newborn is diagnosed with cancer. Why?






I pray and listen for an answer. I study the Bible looking for some sort of explanation, but I haven't found any.

Bad things happen to good people. Yes, something good may come of it. Someone may learn an important lesson. Or a tragedy may bring people together who otherwise would have never met. But in the midst of it, we struggle to find understanding. "God, why is this happening to me, or to my child, or to my family?"

Today I pray that God wraps His loving arms around those struggling for a reason why. I've been there before. And unfortunately, I know I will be there again.

May those who need peace and understanding today receive it. God Bless You!








No comments:

Post a Comment