Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Prayer for Seth

In My So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 wife, Sara Horn talks about praying for her husband.


Hmmm....let me just be totally honest. I pray for my husband. I pray for him when he is going through difficult or stressful circumstances. But prayer regarding my husband, happens more when am having a hard time...WITH HIM!


"Dear God, why would you have me be married to such an IMPOSSIBLE man?!!"


Surely, Martha 31(Note: Martha 31 is what Sara Horn calls The Proverbs 31 wife in her book:) prayed a prayer like I have. I imagine men were even harder to deal with back in her day. But I am pretty ashamed to admit that I don't spend that much time in prayer for my husband.


It seems strange that I probably spend more time in prayer for people that are not nearly as close to me. I pray for people who have lost loved ones or those going through difficult times, but some of those people I hardly even know.


I pray for our marriage in general, but it occurs to me that I really should make a habit of praying for Seth on a daily basis.


Proverbs 31:11-12 says that "she will greatly enrich his life...she brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life." This surely means that Martha 31 spent time in prayer for her husband.


Martha 31 also didn't talk badly about him to others. And again....I'm guilty.


Have you ever been in a room full of women and the "husband talk"  starts? It may even start with one wife bragging about something her husband gave her or did for her, but before long the husband-bashing starts and I hate to admit that I have not just participated in this type of conversation but I have been the ring leader! I seem to have alot of stories regarding my husband and his ability to drive me up the wall. I love to make people laugh, but it should not be at the expense of my husband.


I have so much work to do on myself, it's almost overwhelming sometimes!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment