Friday, January 6, 2012

One "Thank You!" Would Go a Mile!

I felt tears coming to my eyes as I drove to school this morning. I was ready to throw this whole "Proverbs 31 Wife" resolution right out the window. I started talking to God as I drove down the road.


What is the point of this? By trying to be such a good wife, all I am doing is exhausting myself...for WHAT?! The laundry is all clean and stowed, the house is clean, I am attempting to make a good dinner every night....but I don't feel any better, and Seth hasn't even noticed how hard I am working. He doesn't even CARE!


As if to answer my angry prayer, Born Again by Newsboys began playing on the radio. It is one of my favorite songs...and literally told me, "Found myself looking into the mirror, Knew I wasn't who I wanted to be, I was living like the way that I wanted, But my eyes reminded me I'm not free..."

I made a resolution to be the best wife and mother I could be and just a week into it, I am ready to throw in the towel. How pathetic! I rolled my eyes at myself.


Just suck it up and do this. It will get easier. 


I am really proud of my time management. I have found that because I am staying on top of the housework, I am less stressed at the end of the day.

I have hardly had a chance to look at Facebook and Pinterest all week, and to be honest, I haven't missed them that much. (Ok, I miss Pinterest a little!) I have made time to work out everyday and my body thanks me for that.

Overall, I have to admit, the home atmosphere has changed for the better....but I am soooo tired! And I get plenty of sleep! I have started showering at night to allow me more time in the morning and I go to sleep by 10pm every night. I guess I just need time to adjust....and probably alot more time in prayer!


I think about the pictures of the 1950s housewife I have seen. Her family always looks so appreciative of all her hard work, but in real life, I am sure that was not the case. She was just expected to do it all.

Women are human, and I know I am going to have setbacks...it's all part of the journey!

(But I mean, seriously, who smiles as you are doing all of these chores?!)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment