Saturday, July 30, 2016

How my insulin pump works (with link to short video)

As a follow up to my last post about my diabetes, I made a very short video (below) that shows how my pump works. It's my actual pump, and my messy bathroom counter you will see, but what you won't see is my annoying face or hear my annoying voice! 

It's not all that interesting, but hopefully it will answer any questions people have about the pump. I have to do this process every 3 days and it usually takes me 5 to 10 minutes. I usually put the infusion set (that's where the insulin goes in my body) on my stomach, but I have put it on my arm before. Kennedy tends to grab at it more, but sometimes I think that my body absorbs the insulin more efficiently when it's on my arm. 

There is another pump called Omnipod that I would love to try when my insurance will cover it, but I am still researching it. It has some mixed reviews, but it doesn't have the tubing, which is the most annoying part my pump, in my opinion. 

So, here's the video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKucLhXWTq4 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment